Silvia is a junior undergrad at USC's Marshall School of Business. She is interested in the fields of Entrepreneurship, Technology, and Education. Silvia is also a member at the Latino Business Student Association and the Student Alumni Society. Currently, she's working with Yang Camp, a startup which uses concepts from Finland's education system and the Lean Startup entrepreneurship method to teach urban youths how to solve problems in their communities. Thanks to Pocket and GirlsUp, Silvia was able to find this opportunity to develop her entrepreneurial skills, and simultaneously, be able to be involved in what she loves!

Why Did You Join GirlsUp?

GirlsUp is an organization that fit what I was looking for as it helps me grow as an entrepreneur. We always hear that networking and maintaining connections are powerful and I couldn't agree more. GirlsUp has greatly contributed to my professional career as I was able to find many internships of  interest and more importantly, I have met many passionate and innovative leaders that have made an impact in the world.

At GirlsUp, I learned that there are endless possibilities around us and we have to maximize our resources, focus on what we want, and work hard to achieve it! I couldn't be more grateful and happy to have joined GirlsUp and meet inspiring entrepreneurs. It has opened up many doors for me to make a direct impact in children's education, further solidifying my passion to guide them towards a brighter future.

0 comments :

Post a Comment