GirlsUp members, meet Melissa! Melissa is a current graduate student at USC's Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism. She is a Masters candidate for the Strategic Public Relations program. When she's not a school, she blogs part time at Melrosa Avenue, a lifestyle and travel blog. She is also the VP of Internal Relations for TriSight Communications (a student run PR agency) and is a social media & PR volunteer for GirlsUp!

 

Why Did You Join GirlsUp?


Immediately when I saw GirlsUp's Facebook page, I knew I wanted to be part of this community, not just as a member but as a volunteer as well. The mission and vision of GirlsUp aligned with my personal goals and I wanted to be part of something that helped me achieve these goals. I also wanted to part of a community that allowed me to help others achieve their goals.

 

I've always wanted to join a community of smart and ambitious women, because I truly believe the people you surround yourself with impact your life. If I want to achieve my personal and professional goals, I knew I had to surround myself with like-minded individuals. I clearly evident that this community supports and encourages each other to go after their dreams.

 

I also joined GirlsUp for its endless opportunities. Not only do I get to meet like-minded people, but I also get to network with inspiring mentors and entrepreneurs. The events put on by GirlsUp also convinced me to join, as they are memorable, fun and beneficial. GirlsUp is unlike any other organization dedicated to young female entrepreneurs and that is what makes it so great! It's one of a kind. I can't wait to see what the future holds for GirlsUp!

 

0 comments :

Post a Comment